Definition of Strawberry preserves
1. Noun. Made with strawberries.
Strawberry Preserves Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Strawberry Preserves Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Strawberry Preserves
Literary usage of Strawberry preserves
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Virginia Cookery-book by Mary Stuart Smith (1912)
"strawberry preserves. —To Make Jelly out of Strawberry Acid.—Green Tomato Preserves.— Sweetmeats.—Pineapple Preserves.—To Preserve Oranges Whole. ..."
2. Bulletin by North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station (Fargo) (1899)
"Retailer, Anthony Kelly Co., Minneapolis. Lab. No. 217. Brand, strawberry preserves, Purity. Producer and Jobber, EG Dailly & Co., Detroit, Mich. ..."
3. Preserving and Pickling: Two Hundred Recipes for Preserves, Jellies, Jams by Mary Mason Wright (1917)
"CHERRY-strawberry preserves Use an equal quantity of red cherries and strawberries. "Wash and stem the strawberries. Stem and stone the cherries. ..."
4. Written and Spoken English: A Course in Composition and Rhetoric by Erle Elsworth Clippinger (1918)
"Your story may begin as follows: Grandmother Brown placed an old-fashioned dish full of strawberry preserves on the pantry shelf and smiled with proud ..."
5. Practical Cooking and Serving: A Complete Manual of how to Select, Prepare by Janet McKenzie Hill (1902)
"strawberry preserves OR SUNSHINE STRAWBERRIES (OHIO) Select and ... STRAWBERRY PRESERVES, NO. 2 Select and set aside the largest and most perfect berries. ..."
6. Uncle Scipio: A Story of Uncertain Days in the South by Jeannette H. Walworth (1896)
"Six plugs of tobacco, one jar strawberry preserves, one ditto quince." " What in the devil did you want with one jar of strawberry preserves, and one ditto ..."