Definition of President Hoover
1. Noun. 31st President of the United States; in 1929 the stock market crashed and the economy collapsed and Hoover was defeated for reelection by Franklin Roosevelt (1874-1964).
Generic synonyms: Chief Executive, President, President Of The United States, United States President
Lexicographical Neighbors of President Hoover
Literary usage of President Hoover
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. America's Great Depression by Murray Newton Rothbard (2000)
"8 The Depression Begins: President Hoover Takes Command And so we see that when the Great Depression struck, heralded by the stock market crash of October ..."
2. A History of Money and Banking in the United States: The Colonial Era to by Murray Newton Rothbard (2002)
"In late 1928, after he was elected president, Hoover presented a public works scheme, the "Hoover Plan" for "permanent prosperity," for a pact to "outlaw ..."
3. Natural Gas Industry (1921)
"President Hoover quotes remarks by Past Secretary of War Baker, ... President Hoover quoted the Secretary of War as follows: "I know that so far as the City ..."
4. Proceedings [of The] ... Annual Meetingby National Civil Service League by National Civil Service League (1873)
"We urgently request President Hoover to do this speedily to bring the present farce ... President Hoover Although in his annual message to the Congress on ..."
5. Teachers & Technology: Making the Connection by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"... letter to President Hoover to try to convince him that the Depression is not over. Before class, the teacher goes to the school library and checks out a ..."
6. Phi Delta Kappan by Phi Delta Kappa (1912)
"Priority of Education Over Other Governmental Services Charles H. Judd PRESIDENT Hoover called together in Washington on January 5 and 6 of this year some ..."