Definition of Capital of Delaware
1. Noun. The capital of the state of Delaware.
Generic synonyms: State Capital
Group relationships: De, Delaware, Diamond State, First State
Capital Of Delaware Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of Delaware Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Delaware
Literary usage of Capital of Delaware
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Progress of America, from the Discovery by Columbus to the Year 1846 by John Macgregor (1847)
"DOVER, capital of Delaware county, fifty miles south of Wilmington, is situated on high ground, between the two principal branches of Jones's creek, ..."
2. A Complete Descriptive and Statistical Gazetteer of the United States of by Daniel Haskel, John Calvin Smith (1843)
"DELAWARE, С. Н., pv., capital of Delaware CO., O., 21 N. Columbus, 108 W. It i» pleasantly situated on the w. bank of the ..."
3. Harper's Introductory Geography: With Maps and Illustrations Prepared (1896)
"What is the capital of Delaware? What city is in the northern part of Delaware? What is the capital of Maryland? What city is north of Annapolis? ..."
4. Harper's Introductory Geography: With Maps and Illustrations Prepared (1880)
"What is the capital of Delaware ? What city is in the northern part of Delaware? What is the capital of Maryland? What city is north of Annapolis ? ..."
5. A New Primary Geography by David M. Warren (1886)
"Name the capital of Delaware. In what part of tha State is it? What city is in the north-eastern part of Delaware? LESSON III. - The District of Columbia is ..."
6. A Typographical Gazetteer by Henry Cotton (1866)
"The whole number of Newspapers published within the State of Delaware in the year 1850 amounted only to eleven. Delaware, & post town, capital of Delaware ..."
7. Appletons' American Standard Geographies, Based on the Principles of the by D. Appleton and Company (1881)
"What is the capital of Delaware ? Its largest city Î Bound Maryland. By what mountains is Maryland traversed ? By what bay is it indented ? ..."
8. The World Book: Organized Knowledge in Story and Picture edited by Michael Vincent O'Shea, Ellsworth D. Foster, George Herbert Locke (1918)
"How many cities the size of the capital of Delaware would the capital of New York make? At what stage has the state arrived on the liquor regulation ..."