Definition of Capital of Georgia
1. Noun. State capital and largest city of Georgia; chief commercial center of the southeastern United States; was plundered and burned by Sherman's army during the American Civil War.
Geographical relationships: Atlanta, Battle Of Atlanta
Terms within: Cdc, Center For Disease Control And Prevention
Generic synonyms: State Capital
Group relationships: Empire State Of The South, Ga, Georgia, Peach State
2. Noun. The capital and largest city of Georgia on the Kura river.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Georgia, Sakartvelo
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Georgia
Literary usage of Capital of Georgia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Colton and Fitch's Introductory School Geography: Illustrated by Twenty Maps by George William Fitch, George Woolworth Colton (1863)
"What is the capital of Georgia ? Me. What towns on the Savannah River ? Sh, Aa. What town on the Chattahoochee ? Cs. What is the capital of Florida ? Te. ..."
2. Colton's Common School Geography by Joseph Hutchins Colton (1880)
"Atlanta, the capital of Georgia, is an important railroad center; it has large iron- works and machine-shops. Population, 32000. Savannah, the chief port of ..."
3. Essentials of Geography. by Albert Perry Brigham, Charles T. McFarlane (1920)
"Another line runs from Richmond through the Piedmont region, to Atlanta, the capital of Georgia. On this line are several manufacturing cities, ..."
4. Manual of Geography: Combined with History and Astronomy by James Monteith (1864)
"What is the capital of Georgia? What two Cities in this state on Savannah River? What Town in the western part of Georgia? What two States north of Florida? ..."