Definition of Capital of Ghana
1. Noun. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Ghana, Gold Coast, Republic Of Ghana
Capital Of Ghana Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of Ghana Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Ghana
Literary usage of Capital of Ghana
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Encyclopaedia Britannica, a Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"... which town is mentioned by Arab historians as the capital of Ghana ta. The identification of Ghana city with Jenne" is not justified, though Idrisi ..."
2. Urban Agriculture in West Africa: Contributing to Food Security and Urban by Olanrewaju B. Smith (1999)
"Health and Environment in Urban Areas in Developing Countries. Third World Planning Review, 14(3). Tetteh, JJ and Botchwey, CS 1989. Accra capital of Ghana. ..."
3. Wit and Wisdom: A Public Affairs Miscellany by Colin Bingham (1982)
"When Macmillan used the 'wind of change' metaphor in a speech in Accra, the capital of Ghana, it was regarded as a banality; when it was repeated in ..."
4. Urban Livelihoods and Food and Nutrition Security in Greater Accra, Ghana by Daniel G Maxwell (2000)
"Accra survey: A social survey of the capital of Ghana (Gold Coast), 1953-1956. Accra: University of Ghana Press. Aforo, A. 1997. ..."