Definition of Genus Lablab
1. Noun. One species: hyacinth bean.
Generic synonyms: Rosid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Papilionoideae, Subfamily Papilionoideae
Member holonyms: Bonavist, Dolichos Lablab, Egyptian Bean, Hyacinth Bean, Indian Bean, Lablab Purpureus
Genus Lablab Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Lablab Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Lablab
Literary usage of Genus Lablab
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Chambers's Encyclopaedia: A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge for the People (1864)
"Among these are D. Lablab, a native of India and Egypt (which has been made the type of a separate genus, Lablab); ..."
2. Lost Crops of Africa: Volume Ii: Vegetables by National Research Council (U. S.) (2006)
"However, the center of diversity of genus Lablab is Africa, so there should be little uncertainty over its ultimate biological birthplace. ..."
3. The International Cyclopedia: A Compendium of Human Knowledge, Rev. with by Selim Hobart Peabody, Charles Francis Richardson (1898)
"Among these are I), lablab, a native of India and Egypt (which has been made the type of a separate genus, lablab); I). ..."
4. Botanische Zeitung (1877)
"Redner bemerkte hierbei, dass es ihm fraglich erscheine, ob die Vereinigung des genus Lablab mit Dolichos ganz gerechtfertigt sei. ..."