Definition of President cleveland
1. Noun. 22nd and 24th President of the United States (1837-1908).
Generic synonyms: Chief Executive, President, President Of The United States, United States President
Lexicographical Neighbors of President Cleveland
Literary usage of President cleveland
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Bookman (1905)
"president cleveland ONCE MORE HEN Mr. Cleveland, as Presiden t-elect, proceeded to the Capitol to take the oath of office for the second time, ..."
2. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"president cleveland brought the tariff question sharply to the front in his message of ... The treaty was withdrawn by president cleveland and the queen was ..."
3. Grover Cleveland: A Record of Friendship by Richard Watson Gilder (1910)
"... WHAT president cleveland SAID TO PRESIDENT MCKINLEY, AND SPEAKER REED One of the most strangely interesting things that can happen in a country like ..."
4. John Sherman's Recollections of Forty Years in the House, Senate and Cabinet by John Sherman (1895)
"Majority of the Ohio Delegates Agree to Support Me for President — Cleveland and Thurman Nominated by the Democrats — I Am Indorsed by the State Convention ..."
5. John Sherman's Recollections of Forty Years in the House, Senate and Cabinet by John Sherman (1895)
"Majority of the Ohio Delegates Agree to Support Me for President — Cleveland and Thurman Nominated by the Democrats—I Am Indorsed by the State Convention ..."
6. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1897)
"... largely at the end of his administration, and one by president cleveland, on September 28, 1893. The estimated area of these is 17500000 acres. ..."
7. Twenty Years of the Republic, 1885-1905 by Harry Thurston Peck (1906)
"CHAPTER II TWO YEARS OF president cleveland president cleveland, from the very outset of his administration, was destined to confound the predictions of his ..."