Definition of Business activity
1. Noun. Activity undertaken as part of a commercial enterprise.
Generic synonyms: Endeavor, Endeavour, Enterprise
Group relationships: Business, Business Enterprise, Commercial Enterprise
Specialized synonyms: Operation, Business, Wash
Lexicographical Neighbors of Business Activity
Literary usage of Business activity
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Principles of Economics by Frank William Taussig (1921)
"Motives of business activity and money-making. Social ambition the main impulse; other motives are also at work, 175 — Sec. 7. What changes would occur if ..."
2. A History of Commerce by Clive Day (1914)
"Growth of business activity. — The prosperity of ' Dutch foreign commerce was reflected in business activity at home. The Netherlands rapidly outstripped ..."
3. Bank Rate and the Money Market in England, France, Germany, Holland, and by Robert Harry Inglis Palgrave (1903)
"CHAPTER XIII RETURNS OF THE LONDON BANKERS' CLEARING HOUSE The returns of the London Bankers' Clearing House a source of information as to business activity ..."
4. The History of Pittsfield, (Berkshire County,) Massachusetts by Joseph Edward Adams Smith (1876)
"Business-activity—Establishment and failure of the Berkshire bank—Other business-losses—Building of a democratic hotel—Names of prominent democrats—Park ..."