Definition of Capital of Hawaii
1. Noun. The capital and largest city of Hawaii; located on a large bay on the island of Oahu.
Generic synonyms: Port, State Capital
Group relationships: Oahu, Oahu Island
Capital Of Hawaii Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of Hawaii Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Hawaii
Literary usage of Capital of Hawaii
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Real Hawaii: Its History and Present Condition, Including the True Story by Lucien Young (1899)
"HONOLULU, THE capital of Hawaii. The day following the first arrival of the Boston, the Flagship San Francisco gave a ball in honor of the officers of the ..."
2. Daily Geography Practice by Evan-Moor Educational Publishers, Sandi Johnson (2004)
"It has the capital of Hawaii. Tell students that Oahu has beautiful beaches. It has the Polynesian Cultural Center. ..."
3. Godfrey's Handbook of Hawaii: Guide to Hilo and the Volcano by Frank Godfrey (1899)
"Lahaina, the ancient capital of Hawaii is one of the ports of call o£ the "Volcano" steamers. Kahului is the chief seaport and Spreckelsville, ..."
4. Proceedings of the United States Naval Institute by United States Naval Institute (1898)
"Honolulu, the capital of Hawaii, is on the island of Oahu and centrally located in the Pacific Ocean. It is 2016 miles from Unalaska, 2395 from Sitka, ..."
5. Best Dives of the Western Hemisphere by Joyce Huber (1999)
"... camouflaged with layers of coral, sponges and barnacles. Oahu, the Big Island Oahu, the undisputed vacation capital of Hawaii is home to ..."
6. Facing the Twentieth Century: Our Country: Its Power and Peril by James Marcus King (1899)
"With a good harbor, the capital of Hawaii is connected by mail steamers with the great entrepots of Great Britain, Australia, the United States, ..."