Definition of Capital of Hungary
1. Noun. Capital and largest city of Hungary; located on the Danube River in north-central Hungary.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Hungary, Magyarorszag, Republic Of Hungary
Capital Of Hungary Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of Hungary Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Hungary
Literary usage of Capital of Hungary
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Short But Comprehensive System of the Geography of the World: By Way of by Nathaniel Dwight (1808)
"Q. What is the capital of Hungary ? A. The capital is Presburg. It is situated in Upper Hungary, 800 miles east of London and contains 35000 inhabitants. ..."
2. Haydn's Dictionary of Dates and Universal Information Relating to All Ages by Benjamin Vincent, Joseph Haydn (1906)
"Buda- Pesth constituted the capital of Hungary, Nov. 1873; equal to Vienna, June, 1892. Great loss of life (about 120) and property by a storm, 26 June, ..."
3. The New Larned History for Ready Reference, Reading and Research: The Actual by Josephus Nelson Larned, Augustus Hunt Shearer (1922)
"In 1361 Buda became the capital of Hungary. The growth of Buda and Pest has been remarkable, owing to Pest becoming one of the world's greatest ..."
4. The Eclectic Complete Geography. by Bragg & Company Van Antwerp (1883)
"Buda, the capital of Hungary, lies opposite Pesth, its commercial center ; They are generally spoken of together, as Buda-Pesth. ..."