Definition of Purple boneset
1. Noun. North American herb having whorled leaves and terminal clusters of flowers spotted with purple.
Group relationships: Eupatorium, Genus Eupatorium
Generic synonyms: Herb, Herbaceous Plant
Purple Boneset Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Purple Boneset Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Purple Boneset
Literary usage of Purple boneset
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Scientific and Applied Pharmacognosy: Intended for the Use of Students in by Henry Kraemer (1915)
"... lead acetate solution: gallic acid; ash 7.5 to 9.9 per cent, ALLIED PLANTS.—Purple boneset or Joe-pye weed (Fupa- torium purpureum), a common herb (Fig. ..."
2. Scientific and Applied Pharmacognosy for Students of Pharmacy, and by Henry Kraemer (1915)
"... lead acetate solution; gallic acid; ash 7.5 to 9.9 per cent. ALLIED PLANTS.—Purple boneset or Joe-pye weed (Eupa- torium purpureum), a common herb (Fig ..."
3. Class-book of Botany: Being Outlines of the Structure, Physiology, and by Alphonso Wood (1873)
"... Ivs. in 3s, very thin, lanceolate.—Mountain woods, etc. Height about i)£ 6 E. maculatura L. purple boneset. St. solid, striate, hispid or pubescent, ..."
4. Bulletin by North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station (Fargo) (1899)
"purple boneset. AC Herb.: Towner 307, Neche, Lake Metigoshe, Bottineau. Univ. Heru.: Bottineau. The roots of the herb have been recognized as an official ..."