Definition of Purple cress
1. Noun. Small perennial herb of cooler regions of North America with racemose purple flowers.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Purple Cress
Literary usage of Purple cress
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report: New York by Otis Stuart (1904)
""1083. C. pratensis L. Cuckoo-Flower. Bogs. Rare S., frequent in C., and common N. Th. *1084. C. purpurea (Torr.) Britton. purple cress. ..."
2. The American Botanist edited by Willard Nelson Clute (1921)
"A species of similar appearance is C. Douglasii known as "purple cress" and "mountain water-cress." Cardamine rotundifolia is another "mountain water-cress" ..."
3. Michigan Flora: A List of the Fern and Seed Plants Growing Without Cultivation by William James Beal (1904)
"Bogs. Rare S., frequent in C., and common N. Tb. *1084. C. purpurea (Torr.) Britton. purple cress. С. rhomboidea purpurea DC. An early spring flower. ..."
4. Lake Maxinkuckee: A Physical and Biological Survey by Barton Warren Evermann, Howard Walton Clark (1920)
"purple cress CARDAMINE DOUGLASSII (Torr.) Britton Rather common, especially on the northeast side of the lake about the low margins of marshes and in wet ..."