Definition of Personal loan
1. Noun. A loan that establishes consumer credit that is granted for personal use; usually unsecured and based on the borrower's integrity and ability to pay.
Generic synonyms: Loan
Specialized synonyms: Auto Loan, Automobile Loan, Car Loan
Lexicographical Neighbors of Personal Loan
Literary usage of Personal loan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal by New York (State). Legislature. Senate (1915)
"... and eighteen of the Laws of nineteen hundred and fourteen, relating to personal loan companies and personal loan brokers," was read the third time. ..."
2. Annual Report of the Commissioner of Labor by New York (State). Dept. of Labor (1915)
"He shall, from time to time, prescribe rules and regulations with regard to the conduct of the business of personal loan companies and personal loan brokers ..."
3. Personal Finance by Robert S. Rosefsky (2001)
"A personal loan, originally totaling $1090, of which interest was $90. ... If they wait just six more months, the personal loan will be all paid off, ..."
4. The Consolidated Laws of the State of New York, 1909 by New York (State), Frederick Eugene Wadhams (1909)
"A new article  has been added to " old " Banking Law, covering statutory provisions relating to personal loan associations. The schedule of repeals ..."
5. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Surrogates' Courts of the by New York (State). Surrogate's Court (New York County), Charles Hood Mills (1919)
"BANKS—DECEDENT'S ESTATE—TRANSFER OF SAVINGS BANK DEPOSIT TO EXECUTOR OX DEMAND—personal loan TO EXECUTOR ON SECURITY" OF PASS BOOK—WHEN NO IMPLIED TRUST is ..."