Definition of President John Adams
1. Noun. 2nd President of the United States (1735-1826).
Generic synonyms: Chief Executive, President, President Of The United States, United States President
Lexicographical Neighbors of President John Adams
Literary usage of President John Adams
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York Public Library (1897)
"George Washington, of Va., President. John Adams, of Mass., Vice-Président. John Adams, of Mass., President. Thomas Jefferson, of Va., Vice-President. ..."
2. Samuel F.B. Morse: His Letters and Journals by Samuel Finley Breese Morse, Edward Lind Morse (1914)
"Portrait of ex-President John Adams. — Letter to Allston on sale of his "Dead Man restored to Life." — Also apologizes for hasty temper. ..."
3. The Private Correspondence of Daniel Webster by Daniel Webster, Fletcher Webster, Edwin David Sanborn (1857)
"I shall be particularly anxious to know the result of your meeting. Affectionately yours, DANIEL WEBSTER. President John Adams TO MR. WEBSTER. ..."
4. The Making of the Nation, 1783-1817 by Francis Amasa Walker (1895)
"... 30 to 27—North Carolina and Rhode Island Stay Out—The Government Organized—George Washington Chosen President—John Adams, Vice President—Congress ..."