Definition of President John Quincy Adams
1. Noun. 6th President of the United States; son of John Adams (1767-1848).
Generic synonyms: Chief Executive, President, President Of The United States, United States President
Lexicographical Neighbors of President John Quincy Adams
Literary usage of President John Quincy Adams
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Memoirs, Official and Personal: With Sketches of Travels Among the Northern by Thomas Loraine McKenney (1846)
"... obstacles to his improvement removed—His anticipated progress—Destiny of our country— Duty to the Indians—Views of President John Quincy Adams—Different ..."
2. America, Historical, Statistic, and Descriptive by James Silk Buckingham (1841)
"Address of the Ex-president, John Quincy Adams.—Speech on Slavery by Dr. Duncan, of Ohio. DURING our stay in Boston, the second general election since we ..."
3. Millard Fillmore Papers ...: Ed. by Frank H. Severance by Millard Fillmore (1907)
"A WELCOME TO i EX-President John Quincy Adams When it was known that ex-President Adams would visit Buffalo in July, 1843, a citizens' committee was ..."
4. America, Historical, Statistic, and Descriptive by James Silk Buckingham (1841)
"... of the Er-president, John Quincy Adams.—Speech on Slavery by Dr. Duncan, of Ohio. ... president John Quincy Adams ..."
5. Publications of the Buffalo Historical Society by Buffalo Historical Society, Albert Bigelow, Buffalo Historical Society (Buffalo, N.Y.) (1907)
"A WELCOME TO EX-President John Quincy Adams When it was known that ex-President Adams would visit Buffalo in July, 1843, a citizens' committee was organized ..."
6. Where American Independence Began: Quincy, Its Famous Group of Patriots by Daniel Munro Wilson (1902)
"... VI THE PURITAN PRESIDENT, JOHN QUINCY ADAMS. JOHN ADAMS lived long enough to rejoice in the election of his son John Quincy Adams to the Presidency. ..."