Definition of President jefferson
1. Noun. 3rd President of the United States; chief drafter of the Declaration of Independence; made the Louisiana Purchase in 1803 and sent out the Lewis and Clark Expedition to explore it (1743-1826).
Generic synonyms: Chief Executive, President, President Of The United States, United States President
Derivative terms: Jeffersonian
President Jefferson Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: President Jefferson Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of President Jefferson
Literary usage of President jefferson
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Life of Thomas Jefferson by Henry Stephens Randall (1858)
"... Inauguration—President's Speech—Sequel to preceding Interviews with President—Jefferson returns Home—Letter to Mrs. Randolph—Action of French Government ..."
2. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (1862)
"president jefferson DAVIS. THE father of Jefferson Pavis, first President of the Confederate States, served in the ranks of the Revolutionary army of the ..."
3. Biennial Report by Oregon Board of Horticulture (1921)
"When president jefferson warned us that America would degenerate as soon as it ceased to be an agricultural and horticultural nation, he touched the key- ..."
4. Sea Power in Its Relations to the War of 1812 by Alfred Thayer MAHAN (1905)
"president jefferson in America met the occasion precisely as did Monroe in London, with the same result of a sharp correspondence, abounding in strong ..."
5. The Life and Correspondence of Rufus King: Comprising His Letters, Private by Rufus King (1897)
"... might be disposed of—president jefferson to King—Suggesting sending them to Sierra Leone, Africa—Also expressing his Satisfaction with Mr. King's Course ..."